In the wake of yesterday’s tragedy, the following Anglican parishes along the Yonge Street corridor are open for prayer and pastoral care today:
- St. George on Yonge – 5350 Yonge St. (west entrance)
- St. Clement, Eglinton – 70 St. Clements Ave.
- Christ Church, Deer Park – 1570 Yonge St.
- Redeemer, Bloor St. – 162 Bloor St. W.
- St. James Cathedral – 65 Church St. The cathedral bell will toll 10 times at noon for those who have died. The prayer vigil space will remain in place over the next several days.
- Bell Tower Cafe at Church of the Messiah – 240 Avenue Rd.
- St. Timothy, North Toronto – 100 Old Orchard Grove
- Holy Trinity, Trinity Square – 10 Trinity Square
Please invite others to enter, rest and pray.
Several churches are also planning events:
- Redeemer, Bloor St. will hold a time of community vigil, song and prayer at 6 p.m.
- All Saints, Kingsway, 2850 Bloor St. W., will open its worship space for prayer and reflection from 7-9 p.m.
- St. Matthew, First Avenue, 135 First Ave., will be open tonight at 5 p.m. for prayer.
- St. Mary, Richmond Hill, 10030 Yonge St., will host an ecumenical payer vigil of local churches from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Flemingdon Park Ministry, 10 Gateway Blvd., will hold a prayer vigil on April 25 at 10:30 a.m. All faiths are welcome.
- St. James Cathedral, 65 Church St., will hold a special prayer service on April 25 at 12 p.m. A Eucharist will follow at 12:30 for those who wish to attend.
- St. Mary and St. Martha, 1149 Weston Rd., will be open every afternoon this week for prayer and reflection. It will hold a service of Holy Communion on April 25 at 12 p.m.
- St. John, York Mills, 19 Don Ridge Dr., is open for prayer every weekday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- St. Theodore of Canterbury, 111 Cactus Ave., is hosting an interfaith prayer vigil on April 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Churches in North York, including parishes in the York Mills Deanery, are holding an ecumenical prayer service on April 26 at 7 p.m. at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church, 75 Churchill Ave.
- The Anglican churches in the York Mills Deanery are organizing a Prayer Walk on April 30, starting at 1:30 p.m. at the northwest corner of the Finch subway station (in front of 5650 Yonge St.) and ending at St. George on Yonge. A vigil be held in St. George on Yonge at 2 p.m.
Additional events and information will be posted as they become available.