As our environment changes and we seek to bring new and innovative models into our Diocese, we need a simplified and practical governance structure that is flexible and nimble to change, while also maintaining accountability and effectively mitigating unacceptable risks. As a Diocese, we will objectively review our structures and practices, and where they are lacking or limiting the missional work we are committed to, we will update them to ensure that we are able to embrace change and move forward.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.
– Romans 12.2
Together, we will create a flexible organization that is responsive to change by:
- Reviewing and modernizing canons, policies and procedures to align with our mission.
- Implementing collaborative and flexible structures of governance and management.
- Documenting and streamlining decision making processes.
- Being sensitive to our external environment and incorporating broad factors into decision making.
We will achieve this by:
- Reviewing and updating canons, policies and procedures in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Reviewing and updating the organizational and governance structure of this Diocese, including the Synod Office and parishes, to align with our mission.