When we say “we believe…” we are saying “we trust…”: in God, in God’s promises, in God’s
For the implementation of this plan to be successful we must work as a team, with the involvement and input of our partners, to lead our Diocese into the future. Across our Anglican community, we are committed to fostering a positive culture that is respectful and inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences and that enables all individuals to contribute, recognizing the gifts and knowledge they bring. We know there are a lot of good things happening across our community, and as we develop and define our culture we will continue to share, celebrate and learn from each other.
I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.
– John 15:15
Together, we will build a collaborative and trusting culture by:
- Promoting mutually beneficial collaboration based on shared Values and Vision.
- Strengthening respectful relationships and communication across the entire Diocese, including the Synod Office and local parishes, and with our community partners.
- Developing guiding principles for the way we interact and communicate with each other.
- Nurturing culturally inclusive leadership, behaviours and attitudes across the Diocese.
We will achieve this by:
- Continually evolving our culture to one that is positive, collaborative and adaptive to change and that reinforces our Vision and Values.
- Building positive, respectful and transparent communication across this Diocese.
- Developing working relationships to facilitate an integrated team-based operating model between Synod Office and parishes.