The New Hope Advisory Board was established in May 2013 by Diocesan Council.
The mission of the New Hope Advisory Board is to be recognized as the primary repository of knowledge and wisdom in advising, facilitating and supporting the development of Mandarin outreach and ministry in the Diocese. Our actions are guided by the mission of the Diocese of Toronto to worship God, to proclaim Jesus Christ and, in the power of the Holy Spirit, to embody God’s reconciling love.
New Hope Advisory Board’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop policies, protocols and other criteria for the formation of Mandarin fellowships under the auspices of New Hope Ministries.
- Provide templates and guidelines for preparing grant applications, and other material for parties involved in Mandarin Ministry and mission.
- Review, adjudicate and, as appropriate, recommend proposals for applications for funding from the New Hope funding pool.
- Review applications with submitting parishes and coordinate the revision of applications, where required.
- Make recommendations, both logistical and financial, to Diocesan Council/Executive Board concerning the appropriate disposition of funding applications.
- Arrange for orientation/training to parishes initiating Mandarin ministry and mission, as required.
- Maintain liaison with parishes as they move forward with approved initiatives, e.g. by coordinating and/or conducting periodic progress reviews.
- Communicate and provide ongoing awareness of the role and function of the New Hope Advisory Board to any party within the Diocese, as required.
- Continue to document, maintain records and update the growing body of knowledge being acquired about Mandarin Ministry and mission.
Board members include:
- Deacon Kathy Buligan (Chair)
- The Rev. Canon Susan Bell
- Marilyn Yeung
- Carol Brunton
- David Puttock
- Michelle Yeung
- Dr. Peter Chan
- The Rev. Esther Deng
- Chen Liqin
- Bishop Patrick Yu