The Parish Finance Manual includes nine sections, with supporting information contained in a series of Appendices. Each section covers different subject matter and provides information for a particular audience. When changes in procedures or policies occur, the Director of Finance revises a chapter to reflect these changes.
You can download the complete Parish Finance Manual below.
- Section 1 – Responsibilities
- Section 2 – Account and Reporting Systems
- Section 3 – Budgeting
- Section 4 – Charitable Status and Charitable Receipting
- Section 5 – Investing
- Section 6 – Sales Tax Issues
- Section 7 – Insurance
- Section 8 – Audit
- Section 9 – Record Retention
- Appendix A: Certificate of Status
- Appendix B: Sample Financial Statements
- Appendix C: Internal Control Questionnaire
- Appendix D: Churchwardens’ Parochial Returns
- Appendix E: Excerpts from CRA Website: Information for Charities
- Appendix F: Letter of Direction
- Appendix G: Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures
- Appendix H: Summary of Historical Returns
(Updated October 2012)
For more information, please contact Kathryn Rogers CPA, CA, Treasurer and Director of Finance, at 416-363-6021 ext. 238 (1-800-668-8932).