The Administration and Property Support department provides advice and guidance to Synod, episcopal areas and parishes on a variety of real estate and property matters, including the following:
- Facility Rentals (License and Lease Agreements)
- Purchase and Sale of Property
- Capital improvement projects/expansions
- Property insurance (in conjunction with the Finance Department)
- Grants: the Baker Fund; the Carleton Fund; the Ferguson Trust; the Ministry Allocation Fund (“MAF”) (for real estate purposes)
- Memorial Gifts
- Management of Diocesan properties
- Parish Boundaries
The Administration and Property Support department facilitates the work of the Executive Board and Trusts Committee in the making of their respective recommendations to Diocesan Council.
For more information, please contact David Badian, Property Support Manager, 416-363-6021 ext. 245 (1-800-668-8932).
Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) Rules Reminder – March 2015
Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO)
New Ontario WSIB Rules of Importance for Charities: Ontario churches and charities that retain contractors to perform construction work need to be aware of new legal obligations that were recently added to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 (the “Act”).
For detailed information: http://www.cccc.org/news_release/143.
City of Toronto Solid Waste Management Survey – Non Residential Rate System: For full details, please see the following letter from Solid Waste Management Services:
Questions? Please contact the City of Toronto’s Solid Waste Management Services directly or visit their website at: http://www.toronto.ca/garbage/non_residential/.
Mandatory Downspout Disconnection Program:This City of Toronto by-law took effect on November 20, 2011 and requires mandatory downspout disconnection. The City of Toronto has provided the following two explanatory documents:
- City of Toronto Mandatory Downspout Disconnection By-law - 2011-07-11
Downspount By-law Notice
- Three Stage Downspout Disconnection Program Map - 2011-07-11
Questions? Please contact Toronto Water at 416-392-1807 or visit their website for information about the Mandatory Downspout Disconnection Program www.toronto.ca/water or call 311.