Accommodation, at no extra charge, will be provided to all Lay Members and the Main Priest from each congregation within the deaneries of Durham & Northumberland, Holland, Huronia, Nottawasaga, Oshawa, Peterborough, Tecumseth and Victoria & Haliburton. Ex-Officio members, Bishop’s Appointees and Youth and Young Adult Members from the same deaneries will also receive accommodation at no extra charge.
Eligibility is indicated in the Registration Report document. Eligibility is noted under the ‘Accommodation’ heading as either “ELIGIBLE” or “NOT ELIGIBLE”, if you believe an error was made, please contact Pamela Boisvert by telephone at 416-363-6021 (1-800-668-8932) ext. 231.
If you are ELIGIBLE for accommodation, more information will be provided when you pre-register for Synod.
If you would like to reserve a room for Thursday evening at your own expense or if you are NOT ELIGIBLE and would like to reserve a room at your own expense, your options are as follows:
- *To obtain our preferred rate of $159.00 plus applicable taxes at the Sheraton Parkway visit https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1807040645&key=2545729F or call the hotel at 1-800-668-0101 and quote block code “AD1108”.
- *To obtain our preferred rate of $119.00 plus applicable taxes at the Best Western, call the hotel at 1-800-668-0101 and identify yourself as a member of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto.
- To obtain our negotiated rate of $129.00 plus applicable taxes at the Edward Village Hotel (50 East Valhalla Drive), call the hotel at 905-477-2010. The rate includes breakfast for two. The Edward Village Hotel is approximately 1.6 km from the Synod venue (Sheraton Parkway), which is a 5-minute drive or a 20-minute walk.
- To obtain rates starting at $134.00 plus applicable taxes at the Hilton Garden Inn Markham (300 Commerce Valley Dr. E., Thornhill), call the hotel directly at 905-709-8008. The Hilton Garden Inn is across the street and approximately 600 metres from the Synod venue (Sheraton Parkway) which is a 4-minute drive or an 8-minute walk.
- To obtain rates starting at $128.00 plus applicable taxes at the Courtyard by Marriott Markham (65 Minthorn Blvd, Markham), call the hotel directly at 905-707-6533. The Courtyard Toronto Markham is approximately 650 metres from the Synod venue (Sheraton Parkway), which is a 3-minute drive or a 6-minute walk.
*Please note that, with the exception of a few rooms set aside in our block for call-ins, both the Sheraton Parkway and the Best Western are currently sold out for the evening of Friday, November 9, 2018. Additional rooms may become available around October 11, 2018 with potential rooms being released by another client.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, 416-363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).