Parish Leadership 101 Workshops
Every year, the Diocese holds Parish Leadership 101 workshops in each of the four (4) Episcopal Areas; these workshops occur shortly after Vestry season. All Parish Leaders (Churchwardens, Deputy Churchwardens, Treasurers, Parish Administration Staff, and all Clergy) especially those who are new to their positions are strongly encouraged to attend.
The following workshops were held on March 10, 2018:
- Trent-Durham Parish Leadership 101 Workshop
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Registration at 8:30 a.m.) at St. George, Pickering Village
- York-Simcoe Parish Leadership 101 Workshop
1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Registration at 12:30 p.m.) at St. Paul, Newmarket
The following workshops were held on April 7, 2018:
- York-Scarborough Parish Leadership 101 Workshop
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Sign-in at 8:30 a.m.) at St. Andrew, Scarborough. Register
- York-Credit Valley Parish Leadership 101 Workshop
1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Sign-in at 12:30 p.m.) at St. John, Dixie. Register online now.
Parish Leadership 101 Workshop Materials
The following materials and forms are available for download:
- Canon 15 – Churchwardens
- Parish Leaders’ Manual
- Parish Finances, also see Parish Finance Manual
- Insurance/Risk Management, Vacant Building Checklist, Vacant/Unoccupied Location Reporting Form, Third Party Insurance Requirements, Claims Reporting Procedures
- Property Management, The Anglican Church of Canada Act (1979), Canon 06, Lease Agreement, License Agreement
- Human Resources, also see Human Resources Manual
- Acknowledgement Form for Churchwardens
Parish Leadership 201
Plans are underway to pilot a more comprehensive session in the Fall of 2018. Components may include information sessions around congregational growth and stewardship development. The medium is still to be determined, however, ideas include webinar and/or videos. More information to follow.