Grants from the Baker Foundation are for the building of new Sunday Schools or additions/renovations to existing Sunday Schools.
The complete terms of the Foundation are found on the application. Baker Fund Grants fall under the jurisdiction of the Trusts Committee. Projects that require a Building Permit, or a loan that is not to be retired within one (1) year, require separate Diocesan Council approval under Canon 6. In general, the Trusts Committee will not fund entire projects, requiring the congregation to take some responsibility for its funding.
Applications fall into two categories:
i) New Construction, which requires description of the overall project, cost of the overall project, project timing, current Sunday School data, and the construction cost associated with the Sunday School portion. Please also note: A Baker application for new construction should form a part of the parish’s new construction submission to the Executive Board.
ii) Repairs or Addition to Existing Sunday Schools, which requires description of the project in general, type of project (e.g. repair, renovation), reason for the project (e.g. expansion, flood, fire, safety), project cost, and current Sunday School data.
Application Form / Checklist:
- Click to download the Baker Fund Grant application form.
- Consult with your Area Bishop.
- Your application should include
- a completed form with signatures of the Churchwardens of the Parish
- a letter of support from the Area Bishop
- a copy of the Vestry Meeting Resolution giving approval in this matter
- most recent year-end audited Financial Statements
- copy of parish’s most recent Churchwardens Parochial Return
- Submit the application to Mr. David Badian, Director of Property Resources, for processing.
Grant funding falls under the jurisdiction of the Trusts Committee which meets monthly. If a grant is approved, parishes are typically notified in writing within one (1) week of the Trusts Committee meeting. Depending on the timing of receipt of a parish’s complete application package, it can take approximately 30 days for a decision to be reached.
For more information, contact Mr. David Badian, 416-363-6021 (1-800-668-8932) ext. 245.