A Ferguson Grant is for the construction, purchase, alteration or renovation of a building or buildings within the Diocese of Toronto for use as a home for aged men or women. Any such home shall be under the direct or indirect management of the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto.
Ferguson Grants fall under the jurisdiction of the Trusts Committee.
Application Form / Checklist:
- Click the link to download the Ferguson Grant application form.
- Consult with your Area Bishop.
- Your application should include
- a completed form with signatures of the Incumbent and Churchwardens of the Parish
- a letter of support from the Area Bishop
- a copy of the Vestry Meeting Resolution giving approval in this matter
- a copy of audited Financial Statements for the body operating the facility
- Submit the application to Mr. David Badian, Director of Property Resources, for processing.
Complete application packages must be received at least one (1) week prior to the Trusts Committee meeting date (meeting dates are available on the Trusts Committee web page). If a grant is approved, parishes are typically notified in writing within one (1) week of the Trusts Committee meeting. Depending on the timing of receipt of a parish’s complete application package, it can take approximately 30 days for a decision to be reached.
For more information, contact Mr. David Badian, Director of Property Resources, 416-363-6021 (1-800-668-8932) ext. 245 .