All active clergy in the Diocese of Toronto, as well as some diocesan lay staff, are members of the Continuing Education Plan of the National Church. Members can access individual funds from the following two sources:
1. The National Church offers the Continuing Education Program(CEP), which clergy participate in, and can access funds from for reimbursement.
- National Church contact: Iyona Francis, 416-960-2484 ext. 203 (1-800-265-1070).
- Diocesan contact: Aneita Chang, 416-363-6021 (1-800-668-8932) ext. 233
- Application Process:
- Complete the Application for Reimbursement Form and attach the applicable receipts.
- Send the completed form to the Diocesan C.E.P. Administrator at 135 Adelaide St. E., Toronto, ON M5C1L8, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: 416-363-7678. (Please note in the Diocese of Toronto, the C.E.P. Administrator is Aneita Chang.)
- The Diocesan C.E.P. Administrator will ensure that your form is signed by the Area Bishop and sent to the National Church Pension Office.
2. There are also Professional Development Grants that are available from the Diocese for special training needs, for those members who have already accessed all of their Continuing Education Funds through the General Assistance Funds.
- General Assistance Accounts: Amy Talbert, Human Resources Department, 416-363-6021 ext. 241 (1-800-668-8932).
- Application Form: Word Document, PDF Document
The schedule for review and approval of grant applications is as follows:
|Application Received||Committee Meeting||Notification of Decision|
|February 15th||March||March 31st|
|May 15th||June||June 30th|
|September 15th||October||October 31st|
|November 15th||December||December 24th|
All applications are assessed on their individual merit in relation to the identified Diocesan learning priorities. Prior to any funds being disbursed by the PD Committee, all of the applicant’s funds from the National Church Continuing Education Plan must have been spent or committed to the program for which funds are requested. Those who have recieved grants are asked to complete an Evaluation Form to help the Diocese ensure that we are meeting the learning priorities and to assist with tracking valuable programs that are being accessed. The Evaluation Form is available as both a PDF document and a Word document.
The PD Committee fully endorses individuals pursuing multi-year Advanced Degree programs and multiple course programs. However, because the level of funding is available for PD grants is received on an annual basis from various sources, the PD Committee is not able to guarantee multi-year or multiple course program funding. Applications for financial assistance for multi-year programs and multiple course programs must therefore be submitted at least annually.