The purpose of the following information is to outline the benefits related to retirement as an office holder in the Anglican Diocese of Toronto. For more information on each topic, click on the “More” link.
General Synod Pension
Extended Health Care Coverage
- For Future Retirees (those retiring on or after December 1, 2007).
- For Eligible to Retire (those who were 65 years of age or completed 35 years of service before December 1, 2007).
The Post-Retirement Benefits (for those that retired after December 1, 2007) now includes a Health Care Spending Account. For information and frequently asked questions please read the Health Care Spending Account brochure. To submit a benefits claim to Manulife Financial, please use the medical claim form for prescriptions and the health care spending account claim form for submitting claims for dental or other eligible benefit costs.
Qualifications for Post-Retirement Benefits
Self Insured Death Benefit Plan
Continuing Education Plan
If you retire and continue to perform some work, reimbursed through the Diocesan central payroll, you may be eligible to continue your participation in the Plan. If this is the case, please contact the Pension Office to discuss eligibility for continued participation. Information on the Continuing Education Plan is available on the Pension Office website.
Long Term Disability Insurance
Forms & Resources
- Application for Retirement Pension
- Diocesan Retirement Allowance Fund
- Post-Retirement Benefit Qualification Criteria
- Career Summary for Retirement Benefits
- Medical Claim Form
- Health Care Spending Account Claim Form
- Benefits Bulletin – Mandatory Generic Substitution Information
- Benefits Bulletin – How to be Drug Smart
- Request for Approval of Brand Name Drugs Form