The Administration and Property Resources department provides advice and guidance to Synod, episcopal areas and parishes on a variety of real estate and property matters, including the following:
- Facility Rentals (License and Lease Agreements)
- Purchase and Sale of Property
- Capital improvement projects/expansions
- Property insurance (in conjunction with the Finance Department)
- Grants: the Baker Fund; the Carleton Fund; the Ferguson Trust; the Ministry Allocation Fund (“MAF”) (for real estate purposes)
- Memorial Gifts
- Management of Diocesan properties
- Parish Boundaries
The Administration and Property Resources department facilitates the work of the Executive Board and Trusts Committee in the making of their respective recommendations to Diocesan Council.
For more information, please contact David Badian, Director of Property Resources, 416-363-6021 ext. 245 (1-800-668-8932).
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) Rules
- Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO): BAO Consumer Information Guide
- Ontario WSIB Rules of Importance for Charities: Ontario churches and charities that retain contractors to perform construction work need to be aware of legal obligations: Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 (the “Act”). For detailed information: http://www.cccc.org/news_release/143.
- City of Toronto Solid Waste Management: http://www.toronto.ca/garbage/non_residential/.
- Mandatory Downspout Disconnection Program: This City of Toronto by-law took effect on November 20, 2011 and requires mandatory downspout disconnection:
Questions? Please contact Toronto Water at 416-392-1807, visit their website www.toronto.ca/water or call 311.