Episcopal areas held Town Hall meetings in April to prepare for the next Regular Session of Synod.
The focus of meetings were to present the proposed revisions to The Constitution and Canons (namely, eliminating mandatory retirement for office holders and changes to Synod composition) and to obtain feedback.
The dates were as follows:
Saturday, April 11, 2015
- Trent Durham – 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at St. Luke, Peterborough
- York-Scarborough – 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at St. Andrew, Scarborough
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- York-Simcoe – 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at St. George, Allandale
- York-Credit Valley – 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at St. Stephen, Downsview
The following resources were made available prior to the meetings. A full report will be posted on the website at a later date.
Mandatory Retirement for Office Holders
- Briefing Note on Mandatory Retirement for Office Holders
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution and Canons (Retirement)
Composition of Synod
- Briefing Note on the Composition of Synod
- Report of the Working Group on Synod
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution and Canons (Synod) revised April 8, 2015
Housekeeping and Others
The above drafts of The Constitution and Canons showing the proposed changes are the current versions of “works in progress” received by Diocesan Council at its February 19, 2015 meeting and were circulated for wider discussion.
The feedback gathered at the Town Hall meetings are currently being considered by the Working Group on Synod and the Constitution and Canon Committee. A final report will be presented to Diocesan Council in May or June 2015. Ultimately, Synod will be asked to consider the proposed revisions at the Regular Session of Synod in November 2015.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Assistant Secretary of Synod, 416-363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).