The Our Faith-Our Hope: Re-imagine Church campaign was launched to provide financial resources to renew, re-imagine, and revitalize the Church of tomorrow. Click here for a summary of the grants awarded.
Parishes and Congregations in the Diocese of Toronto are invited to submit applications to receive grants. Grants are awarded on a semi-annual basis (Spring and Fall).
Please note that all applications must have the support of your Area Bishop. Contact your Area Bishop’s Office to determine how much time they require to review grant proposals. You may be required to submit your proposal to your Area Bishop up to four (4) weeks ahead of the Diocesan deadline and in some instances; you may be required to meet with your Area Bishop. You will need to incorporate this front end lead time when preparing your submission.
- Spring applications must be submitted by April 15, 2017. Grant applications will be assessed by the Allocations Committee in early May 2017. The Committee’s recommendations will then be forwarded to Diocesan Council for final approval.
- Fall applications must be submitted by September 15, 2017. Grant applications will be assessed by the Allocations Committee in early October 2017. The Committee’s recommendations will then be forwarded to Diocesan Council for final approval.
Criteria and Limitations
To give your application the best chance of success, please review the Grant Application Guidelines (PDF).
Please see our FAQ page.
Adaptive Re-Use of Parish Facilities (Revitalizing our Inheritance)
- funds provided to assist parishes in adapting their physical plant to suit another purpose that re-imagines the church for tomorrow
Examples of funded projects: upgrades to a building that will accommodate a drop-in facility, renovating kitchen facilities to support outreach ministries, accessibility upgrades to enhance ministry.
Communicating in a Wireless World (Building the Church for Tomorrow)
- enhancing technology and improving new and innovative forms of communication while re-imagining the Church of tomorrow
Examples of funded projects: installing WiFi networks, developing and improving mission-shaped websites, creating mobile apps, providing in-house tv channel.
Enabling Parishes to become Multi-Staffed (Revitalizing our Inheritance)
- seed money to enable parishes to become multi-staffed while re-imagining the Church of tomorrow
Examples of funded projects: youth ministry, children’s ministry, Christian formation, lay pastoral associate.
Leadership Development (Building the Church for Tomorrow)
- Funding to assist with study leaves, language skill courses, training for senior lay or clerical leadership, specialized internships for curates, coaching training
Please note that grants issued to individuals are subject to the issuance of a T4A.
Examples of funded projects: youth retreat conference, language course, development of a modular leadership programme.
Pioneering Ministry (Building the Church for Tomorrow)
- seed money to start new churches or fresh expressions of church as we seek to re-imagine the Church of tomorrow
Examples of funded projects: new church plant in Ajax, summer chaplaincy, pioneering new ministries.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, 416-363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).