Bishop's Committee on Interfaith Ministry
The Bishop’s Committee on Interfaith Ministry has been established by Bishop Andrew Asbil under the direction of the Co-Coordinators of Interfaith Ministry, the Rev. Roshni Jayawardena and the Rev. Jeff Nowers.
- is a first point of contact and resource for interfaith ministry in the Diocese
- includes members that report on interfaith activity within in the Diocese
- hosts an annual educational event about interfaith ministry
News & events
We’ll share recent news and upcoming interfaith events as we hear about them. Want to share something with us? Email email@example.com!
Jan. 28, 2022: Bishop Andrew Asbil’s letter to the Diocese included information about World Interfaith Harmony Week and interfaith ministry in the Diocese.
Members are appointed by the bishop from time to time and serve at the pleasure of the bishop. Our current members (as of Dec. 2021) are:
- Norah Bolton, ODT (secretary)
- the Rev. Dr. Gary Gannon
- the Rev. Canon Maggie Helwig
- the Rev. Gerlyn Henry
- the Rev. Canon John Hill
- the Rev. Canon Philip Hobson, OGS
- the Rev. Dr. Jim Leatch
- the Rev. Julie Meakin
- the Rev. Canon Dr. Scott Sharman (ex-officio)
- Jim Spencer
Get in touch
To contact the interfaith co-coordinators or members of the committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interfaith committee is present with a variety of interfaith individuals, groups and dialogues, including:
- Mosaic Interfaith
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Women’s Association (Vaughan chapter)
- Municipality interfaith councils and committees
- Multifaith chaplains
- Animator for Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations for the Anglican Church of Canada
- Diocesan Ecumenical Officer
- Christian-Jewish Dialogue of Toronto
- Hindu Federation
- Canadian Council of Churches, Christian Interfaith Reference Group
- Diocesan Social Justice and Advocacy Committee
- College of Bishops, clergy and laity of the Diocese