As Christians, we believe that the earth belongs to God; that all things have been created and will be redeemed in Christ; and that we have been entrusted with the care of the earth.
The Bishop’s Committee on Creation Care provides support to individual Anglicans, parishes, and the Diocese as a whole, in order to make creation care an integral part of our worship, life and witness. To learn more, contact the co-chairs, Dr. Sylvia Keesmaat and the Rev. Susan Spicer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Season of Creation
- Watch Bishop Andrew’s Season of Creation video
- Anglican Church of Canada Season of Creation resources
- Season of Creation international website: find resources and events, or share your own
- Green Churches Network of Canada’s downloadable toolkit includes prayers, posters, reflections and resources for action and education
worship resources to bring concern for creation into prayer, educational resources to explore how the call to creation is woven into the biblical story, and action ideas for practical greening to find ways of making your parish more eco-friendly
read how church leaders are calling for greater commitment to creation care and join with others working for action on climate change and environmental protection
Policy and reflection papers
Connecting with others
We commend these other Canadian faith-based organizations working on environmental justice and stewardship:
- Citizens for Public Justice: a Christian voice for social and environmental justice in Canadian public policy
- Faith and the Common Good: an interfaith organization helping faith communities with practical greening through their Greening Sacred Spaces program
- KAIROS: a coalition of Canadian churches working together for justice and peace
- A Rocha Canada: a Christian environmental stewardship organization working in conservation, environmental education and sustainable agriculture