Upcoming Meeting Dates
The following dates have been tentatively scheduled:
- January 10, 2019
- February 7, 2019
- March 7, 2019
- April 4, 2019
- May 9, 2019
- June 6, 2019
- September 12, 2019
- October 10, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- (All meetings are held on a Thursday at 4 pm, unless otherwise noted.)
Please note that documentation must be received at least two weeks in advance of the meeting dates above for distribution to the Executive Board.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, by calling 416-363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).
What is the purpose of Executive Board?
The Executive Board is a committee of Diocesan Council which carries out work delegated to it by Diocesan Council. The Board’s primary mandate is to provide recommendations to Council on proposals, questions, and issues that have been referred to it by Diocesan Council. The Executive Board carries out a due diligence review prior to these matters coming to Diocesan Council for decision.
Membership of the Executive Board consists of elected and appointed members of Diocesan Council.
Summary of the Responsibilities of the Executive Board
On all matters coming before it, the Executive Board is responsible on behalf of Diocesan Council to:
- Review those significant matters which Council has assigned to the Executive Board under canon, and which the Board has to approve prior to those matters coming to Council for final approval, e.g. advising on certain matters previously delegated by Council to Treasury Board and Planning and Development Board.
- Ensure compliance with canons and diocesan policy for matters coming before it.
- Ensure that a strategic focus has been taken to issues and proposals.
- Ensure that sound and comprehensive analysis has been done in support of projects and proposals.
- Receive presentations from parishes and Areas.
- Identify gaps in the diocese’s policy framework needing to be addressed.
- Identify governance and controllership issues for remedial action.
- Recommend to Diocesan Council ancillary work needed for the diocese as a whole in policies, strategic directions, frameworks and initiatives.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, 416-363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).