Bishop’s Youth Ministry Committee
- Trent-Durham – Cormac Culkeen
- York-Credit Valley – Connie Kendall
- York-Scarborough – Ian Physick (Scarborough) and Sarah Mair
- York-Simcoe – Sarah Layman
Events & programs
Youth retreats and programs are geared towards students in Grades 6-12, as well as first-year college and university students. See a list of our current events and resources!
- Jan. 20 – Theology Day: Baptism, Eucharist, Bible & Prayer (All Saints, Kingsway)
- Feb. 24 – Workshop on supporting youth living with mental illness (location TBA)
- April 24 – A how-to workshop for VBS and summer camps (on Zoom)
- May 25 – Spark youth leaders’ retreat day (location TBA)
- June 12 – Youth Ministry Apprenticeship Program (YMAP) info session (on Zoom)
- Sept. 27-29 – ReCharge Youth Retreat (Muskoka Woods)
Once a year we come together for our annual ReCharge youth retreat, empowering youth to deepen their relationship with God and each other. The retreat is for youth in Grades 6-12. During the weekend, we enjoy a range of contemporary and traditional worship, which lets us experience the great diversity the Anglican Church has to offer!
Retreat consent & waiver forms – two forms for EVERY participant (youth and leaders)
Youth Ministry Apprenticeship Program (YMAP)
YMAP is meant to equip and prepare potential leaders for a youth ministry position in the Diocese. Leaders will learn not in a classroom, but by doing actual youth ministry.
If you have a passion for working with young people and a desire to grow in your faith, this is the perfect program for you! Or if your parish wants to create a sustainable youth ministry, this is a great place to start!
The YMAP co-coordinators are Cormac Culkeen (they/he) and Rose St. Thomas (she/they). We’re looking forward to connecting with you about the possibility of YMAP at your church!