York-Credit Valley Area Council Grants are intended to
- support the mandate and purposes of the Anglican Church’s mission and ministry in York-Credit Valley Area; and
- enhance and develop parishes’ mission and ministry, encouraging parish health, growth and evangelism.
The Council annually awards funding in three categories:
- Ministry Development Grants are for new and continuing ministry programs, such as but not restricted to projects for congregational growth, youth ministry development, or leadership training courses for lay leaders and vocational deacons.
- FaithWorks Grants are specifically to assist parish and community outreach projects.
- Parish Partnership Grants are effectively ministry development grants where two or more parishes (or Deanery groups) are working together.
Making an Area Council Grant Application:
Please download both the Grant Application Guidance and the Grant Application Form and complete the latter fully, following the instructions. The application form is the same for each of the above categories of Area Council funding. Applications must be made using this form.
The completed and signed copy of the application form, together with any supporting information, should be returned to the Bishop’s office in hard copy or by emailed pdf. This year’s deadlines for grant application submissions were April 11, 2018 and October 15, 2018. The 2019 deadline dates are TBD.
Area Grant Feedback:
Projects receiving funding will be required to submit a written report to Area Council upon completion of the project/event, or, in the case of on-going programs, by the end of the year in which the grant is received. To assist you in providing feedback, we have developed the York-Credit Valley Area Grant Feedback Form. Please download this and use it to shape your report.
Note: If your parish or organization has previously received a grant, no further grants will be considered until feedback has been received and reviewed.
Other Funding Opportunities:
To learn about other Diocesan funding opportunities, visit the Grants and Funding page.