Trent-Durham Grants

Area Council designates a portion of its budget for grants for parish ministry in the areas of:

  • Congregational development
  • Christian education
  • Youth ministry
  • Outreach

Grant requests are currently considered twice a year (September and December). These grants are normally under $10,000. Each application is reviewed by a member of the Area Council and presented with a recommendation to the Council. All applications should include consultation with the Regional Dean.

2019 Trent-Durham Area Council Grant Application Information

Trent-Durham Area Grant Application Form

Other Funding Opportunities

To give your funding application the best chance of success and avoid wasted effort, you may want to consider whether your needs are a good match to Area Grants criteria or may be better served by applying to one of the other diocesan funding opportunities (summarized below).

Grants from the Baker Foundation are for the building of or additions to existing Sunday Schools.

The Bishop’s Company Fund provides discretionary funds for the bishops to come to the aid of clergy and their families with emergency needs.

Carleton Fund Grants are for repairs and/or renovations to rectories occupied by clergy.

Ministry Allocation Fund Grants (MAF) provide grants of loans for real estate purposes, congregational growth and ministry resources and creating new forms of ministry.

Reach Grants are becoming increasingly successful at funding new ministry that is aimed at reaching un‑churched and de-churched people. The purpose of a Reach grant is to provide one time funding (of up to $5000) for ministry that is aimed at connecting with those not currently being reached by traditional parish ministry.

The Anglican Foundation of Canada distributes grants and loans to causes that are either new or for which funds are not easily accessed or financed. Programs supported by the Foundation can range from building projects, accessibility upgrades, creative arts programs, theological student bursaries, camps, aboriginal prayer and peace circles, and much more. (These grants can only be made through the Diocese, not directly from a parish.)