The Diocesan Council, which acts on behalf of the Synod when Synod is not in session, carries out some of its work and responsibilities through standing Committees which it has created.
Standing Committees of Diocesan Council include:
The duties of the Audit Committee are:
- To recommend to Synod the appointment of auditors and their remuneration
- To review the annual audited financial statements of Synod with the auditor prior to making recommendations to the Diocesan Council;
- To review changes in accounting principles and practices being followed;
- To review with the auditor and management any significant recommendations made by the auditor;
- To report to the Diocesan Council after each meeting;
- To undertake such other tasks as may either be requested by the Diocesan Council or as may be appropriate for the Audit Committee, as outlined in professional guidelines from time to time.
For more information, please contact Lilian Qian, Treasurer and Director of Finance, at 416-363-6021, ext. 238 (1-800-668-8932).
The FaithWorks Allocations Committee reports to Diocesan Council on an annual basis on allocations to partners and ministries. Allocations decisions made by the Committee are not final until they receive Council approval.
For more information, please contact Melissa Doidge, by calling 416-363-6021 ext. 243 (800-668-8932).
The purpose of the Nominating Committee is to receive nominations for all Standing Committees and Boards (both of Synod and of Diocesan Council) from such committees and from members of the Synod.
The Nominating Committee shall also prepare ballots for the election process which takes place at the biennial Regular Session of the Synod. More information can be found in The Constitution, section 21.
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, 416-363-6021 ext.231 (800-668-8932).
The Our Faith-Our Hope Allocations Committee reports to Diocesan Council after each funding cycle with recommendations. Allocations decisions made by the Committee are not final until they receive Council approval.
For more information, please contact Peter Misiaszek, Director of Stewardship, 416-363-6021 ext.246 (800-668-8932).
- Consider and report on devises, bequests, gifts or grants for church purposes to be held by the Synod in trust;
- Consider and report on applications to purchase, sell, license, lease or mortgage church property or to incur any financial obligation not expected to be liquidated within one year;
- Consider and report on plans and applications for the building of or structural alterations to church property;
- Consider and report on any other matters referred to it by the Diocesan Council.