By Stuart Mann
Dean Douglas Stoute gave an update on the diocese’s Our Faith-Our Hope campaign to Synod. Here are the highlights:
- The campaign is now in the latter stages of a two-year fundraising process and has raised about $30 million towards the overall goal of $50 million.
- 86 parishes have completed the campaign, with impressive results. He said it is imperative that parishes follow the plan as directed by the campaign office professionals.
- Pilot phase parishes – those that offered to run campaigns in the fall of 2010 – collectively raised $2,538,000, representing 103 per cent of their goal.
- In 2011, 85 parishes have completed the campaign to date, with another 127 currently at various stages of the campaign.
- As of Oct. 31, 460 donors, or nearly 10 per cent of all donors, have pledged gifts in excess of $10,000.
- The leadership phase of the campaign has been extremely successful. As of Oct. 31, $6,070,000 from 14 donors has been raised toward a goal of $10 million.
- Synod also heard that 43 parishes have met or exceeded their campaign goal. Notable achievements include San Lorenzo Ruis (316 per cent); St. John, Toronto (218 per cent); St. Stephen, Downsview (217 per cent); St. David, Lawrence Avenue (200 per cent); St. Martin, Bay Ridges, Pickering (161 per cent); St. Hilary, Cooksville (152 per cent); and St. Chad, Toronto (151 per cent).
- Campaign revenue will continue to grow over a five-year pledge period with installments paid out to parishes every three months. Once the diocese has secured a significant capital base (likely in mid to late 2013), the diocese will begin distributing funds to the various program areas identified in the case for support. Prior to that, an allocations committee will be established with a mandate to develop an application procedure for parishes, review submissions and recommend allocations.