Communications informs, equips and inspires our bishops, clergy and lay leaders as they build communities of hope and compassion. We do this primarily through the Diocese’s website, social media and The Anglican. We also help parishes with their communications needs.
The Communications staff can be reached by email or at 416-363-6021 or 1-800-668-8932:
- Canon Stuart Mann, Director of Communications, ext. 247
- Martha Holmen, Digital Communications Coordinator, ext. 222
- The Anglican newspaper
- Diocese’s website
- Social media: See the Diocese’s Facebook page, Twitter feed, YouTube channel, Instagram account and LinkedIn page.
- Media relations
- Visual identity: Diocesan logos and visual identity standards
- Bulletin Board: A bi-weekly email newsletter for clergy and lay leaders.
- Parish Website Project: Need some help improving your church’s website? Contact Martha Holmen.
- Videos, photos & more: Need a videographer? A graphic artist? A photographer? The Communications department can provide you with skilled freelancers who understand the Anglican Church. Contact Stuart Mann or Martha Holmen.
Online Communication Tip Sheets
The Communications Department has developed resources with links and ideas for churches using social media and other online communication tools. They will be updated periodically. Have a question about online communication? Contact Martha Holmen.
- Facebook Pages tip sheet (PDF)
- Twitter tip sheet (PDF)
- Instagram tip sheet (PDF)
- Social media tips for clergy (PDF)
- Social Media 101: Using real examples from diocesan social media channels, get an overview of how social media fits in with other communication tools, the basics of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and some tips to help you find success online. (PDF)
- Writing for the Web: Tips on style and format to create easy-to-read web content. (PDF)
- Online meeting tools tip sheet (PDF)
- Labs Learning: Resources and advice from the Church of England on design, photography, social media strategy and more.