Upcoming meeting dates
The following dates have been tentatively scheduled:
- September 9, 2021
- October 7, 2021
- November 4, 2021
- December 2, 2021
(All meetings are held on a Thursday at 4 p.m., unless otherwise noted.)
Documentation must be received at least two weeks before the meeting dates so it can be distributed to members.
For more information, contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, at 416-363-6021, ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).
The Executive Board is a committee of Diocesan Council that carries out work delegated to it by Diocesan Council. Its primary mandate is to provide recommendations to Council on proposals, questions and issues that have been referred to it by Diocesan Council. The Executive Board carries out a due diligence review before these matters come to Council for decision.
Membership of the Executive Board consists of elected and appointed members of Diocesan Council. See a list of current members.
On all matters coming before it, the Executive Board is responsible on behalf of Diocesan Council for:
- reviewing those significant matters that Council has assigned to it under canon, and which the board has to approve before they come to Council for final approval
- e.g. advising on certain matters previously delegated by Council to the Treasury Board and Planning and Development Board
- ensuring compliance with canons and diocesan policy for matters coming before it
- making sure a strategic focus to issues and proposals has been taken
- making sure sound and comprehensive analysis has been done in support of projects and proposals
- receiving presentations from parishes and episcopal areas
- identifying gaps in the Diocese’s policy framework that need to be addressed
- identifying governance and controllership issues for remedial action
- recommending to Council ancillary work needed for the Diocese as a whole in policies, strategic directions, frameworks and initiatives
Committees of Executive Board
The Executive Board has established subcommittees to help it carry out its duties and responsibilities.
Accounts Receivable Committee
Membership consists of the Director of Finance and volunteers representing each of the four episcopal areas. The committee meets on a monthly basis to review all parishes that have an overdue balance.
A further monthly review of the overdue accounts receivable is made with the Director of Stewardship Development and the Director of Congregational Development to garner their insights on individual parish issues.
For more information, contact Patricia D’Souza, Controller, at 416-363-6021, ext. 248 (1-800-668-8932).
Project Review Committee (PRC)
The PRC consists of a pool of experienced professionals who have a working knowledge of all matters pertaining to real property, construction methodologies and industry best practices. The PRC meets with parish project leadership teams, reviews their schematics, construction budgets and funding plans, and then provides a written report to the Executive Board as part of its due diligence.
For more information, contact Wendy Pearson, Property Resources Specialist, at 416-363-6021, ext. 245 (1-800-668-8932).