Clergy in Motion, July 9
- The Rev. Eileen Steele has been appointed Incumbent of the Parish of Penetanguishene and Waubaushene as of July 1, 2019.
- The Rev. Dan Graves has been appointed Associate Priest of Trinity, Aurora beginning August 15, 2019.
- The Rev. Liska Stefko has been appointed Associate Priest of St. Clement, Eglinton beginning August 15, 2019.
- The Rev. Karen Isaacs has been appointed Associate Priest of St. Paul, Bloor Street beginning September 1, 2019.
Clergy from outside the diocese with the permission of their bishop may apply through the Diocesan Executive Assistant, Canon Mary Conliffe.
Area Bishop’s Direct Appointment Process
- St. Hilda, Fairbank
Parish Selection Committee Process
First Phase – (not yet receiving names):
- St. Margaret in-the-Pines
- St. Martin, Bay Ridges
- Parish of Lakefield
- Parish of Fenelon Falls
- All Saints, Whitby
- Evangelists, New Tecumseth
- St. Paul, Newmarket
Second Phase – (receiving names via Area Bishop):
- Christ Church, Stouffville
- St. Christopher (Associate Priest)
- St. John, York Mills (Associate Priest)
Third Phase – (no longer receiving names):
Celebrations of New Ministry
- The Rev. Canon Stephen Vail – Dean of Toronto & Rector of St. James Cathedral – September 8, 2019 at 4:30pm. Clergy are invited to vest & process, registration will be forthcoming with more detail.
- The Rev. Dawn Leger – Priest-in-Charge of St. John, West Toronto – September 22, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- The Rev. Jeff Stone – Incumbent of St. Jude, Bramalea North – September 29, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- The Rev. Jacqueline Daley – Priest-in-Charge of St. Margaret, New Toronto – October 27, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- The Rev. Canon Steven Mackison – Incumbent of Redeemer, Bloor St. – September 15, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- York-Simcoe – N/A
- The Rev. Naomi Miller will conclude her ministry at the Church of the Evangelists, New Tecumseth on August 4th. She will be taking up a new ministry appointment in the Diocese of Niagara.
The Bishop of Toronto will be absent from the Diocese between July 10th until the end of summer, attending General Synod in Vancouver, taking his vacation, and then participating in an Anglican Communion consultation in the Holy Land. Some of the suffragan and retired bishops will be taking turns as Commissary in his absence. Please contact your Area Bishop’s Office first, then the Diocesan Bishop’s Office, during the summer if you are in need of assistance, and you will be appropriately redirected.