Parishes across the Diocese have participated in a year-round stewardship education and development program. They followed a model developed by the Rev. David Gordon with the Episcopal Diocese of New York entitled “A Plan for Stewardship Education and Development through the Year.”
There are three key components to this initiative:
- Developing a consciousness regarding stewardship that is celebrated week after week.
- Creating a parish narrative budget on an annual basis.
- Introducing proportionate giving as a means of ensuring ongoing and new creative ministry opportunities in the parish.
While experiences vary, the following outcomes are typical:
- Clarity in parish vision.
- Increased volunteer participation.
- Enhanced sense of ownership in the ministries of the parish.
- Development of a volunteer data bank.
- 40% participation rate in pledging campaign with an average increase in givings by 15%.
As part of its mandate, the Stewardship Development Board encourages the promotion of stewardship education diocesan-wide. We feel it is important that all parishes have access to programs and resources that enable them to work through their challenges and build vibrant faith communities.
For more information, please contact Peter Misiaszek, Director of Stewardship Development, 416-363-6021 ext. 246 (1-800-668-8932).