Reaching beyond the walls of our parish to create Christ-centred communities
Do you have ideas for local ministry that will reach people who are not currently being reached by traditional forms of church? Then you are invited to apply for a Reach Grant, a one-time grant of $500-$5,000 that will help you get started.
Specific consideration will be given to ministry initiatives that intend to reach out to and connect effectively with the un-churched or the de-churched. These ministry initiatives will usually begin by building relationships with people, and have within them the intentionality to move into mission. The hope is that such mission would eventually result in the building of Christ-centred community reaching people where they are.
Applicants are asked to articulate in no more than two pages (further pages will not be read) the following criteria:
- Describe the ministry you would like to build with support from a Reach Grant.
- Whom do you propose to serve and why?
- What kinds of ministry will you be offering?
- What resources will be required and how much will it cost?
- Describe the stages through which your ministry will evolve.
- Where do you wish the ministry to be in six months, one year, two years ?
- How do you plan to plant the seeds of Christ-centered community in your ministry?
- How will you know whether your ministry is successful?
- To whom is your ministry accountable?
Please note: Reach Grants may not be used to pay for salaries or to defray capital campaign costs.
Applications may be submitted to email@example.com at any time. The next deadline for submissions is Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Pitch Day will be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. Call the Canon Missioner Susan Bell at 416 363 6021 / 1 800 668 8932, extension 208, if you have any questions. Susan is in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The Volunteer Corodinator, Elizabeth McCaffrey, can answer questions outside those days at extension 226.