A board of three commissioners, delegated by the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto, apportions the surplus income derived from the First York Rectory Endowment to special projects by rectors within specific geographic borders:
- Steeles Avenue on the north
- the Humber River to the west
- Lake Ontario to the south
- Victoria Park Avenue to the east
Rectors within these established boundaries are invited to submit applications.
Application form / checklist
- Download the York Rectors Fund application.
- Consult with your area bishop.
- You will need to submit:
- a completed application form
- a letter of support from the area bishop
- a copy of the vestry meeting resolution giving approval in this matter
- interim financial statements for the current year
- a budget for the project
- Submit the application in hard copy to York Rectors Fund Grants, c/o Lilian Qian, Finance Department, 135 Adelaide St. E., Toronto, ON M5C 1L8 or by email to email@example.com with the subject line “York Rectors Fund Grants.”
Complete application packages must be received by September 30 each year. You will be advised of your application’s status by email immediately following the York Rectors Commission meeting, which typically takes place at the end of October or early November.
How much money is available?
The maximum amount of a grant awarded is $25,000 per year for two years, with the option to request a renewal.
Will we need to submit feedback on our project?
The Diocese is eager to share in both your challenges and your successes. Reporting back will be required; the specific reporting mechanism may be determined by the nature of the project.
For more information, contact Lilian Qian, Treasurer and Director of Finance, at 416-363-6021, ext, 238 (1-800-668-8932).