A board of three commissioners, delegated by the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto, apportions the surplus income derived from the First York Rectory Endowment to special projects by rectors within specific geographic borders:
- Steeles Avenue on the north
- the Humber River to the west
- Lake Ontario to the south
- Victoria Park Avenue to the east
Rectors within these established boundaries are invited to submit applications.
- Download the York Rectors Fund application.
- You will need to submit:
- a completed application form
- Financial statements for the past three years, as well as interim financial statements for the current year
- a 3-year budget for the project
- Submit the application in hard copy to York Rectors Fund Grants, c/o Rebecca Scott, Finance Department, 135 Adelaide St. E., Toronto, ON M5C 1L8 or by email to email@example.com with the subject line “York Rectors Fund Grants.”
Complete application packages must be received by Sept. 30 each year. You will be advised of your application’s status by email immediately following the York Rectors Commission meeting, which typically takes place at the end of October or early November.
How much money is available?
The grant awarded would be up to a maximum amount of $150,000.
Will we need to submit feedback on our project?
The Diocese is eager to share in both your challenges and your successes. Reporting back will be required; the specific reporting mechanism may be determined by the nature of the project.
For more information, contact Patricia D’Souza, Treasurer and Director of Finance, at 647-578-9756 (1-800-668-8932).