The Most Rev. Colin Johnson, Archbishop of Toronto, has called all Synod members in the Diocese of Toronto to assemble at the Sheraton Parkway-Toronto North Hotel & Suites (9005 Leslie St., Richmond Hill) for the 158th Regular Session of Synod starting on the morning of Friday, November 9, 2018, and ending mid-day on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
As in previous years, ALL information for the 158th Regular Session of Synod will only be available electronically on the Diocesan website. This includes the Notice of Meeting, Online Registration and the Convening Circular. Synod members are asked to check the Diocesan website periodically for updates.
Synod’s theme will be Growing in Christ. Our strategic plan 2016-2021 lays out a bold five-year vision and sets the foundations for how we will work together to build healthy, missional Anglican communities that engage faithfully with the world and share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Learn more about Growing in Christ.
- Section A – Convening Circular (includes: Notice of Meeting, General Information, Theme, Agenda, Notices of Motion, etc.)
- Section B – Diocesan Council’s Report to Synod
- Section C – Financial Report for 2017 and Audited Financial Statements for the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto and Audited Financial Statements for the Cemetery Fund of the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto.
- Amendment to General Synod’s Canon XXI
- Other Reports to Synod
- What to Expect at Synod
- Minutes of the 157th Regular Session of Synod and the Electoral Synod
- Diocesan Apportionment Calculations
- Congregational Statistical Information for 2017
- Members of Synod: Lay Members of Synod (by congregation),Lay Members of Synod (by surname),Clerical Members of Synod (by surname) *,Youth, Ex-Officio, Bishop’s Appointees, Administrators, Courtesies, Lay Canons.
* Please disregard the extraneous notations (examples: ?, ? Y D, PR, etc.)
- Optional Buffet Dinner
- Pre-Synod Meetings
- General Synod Nominations [nominations closed]
- Marriage Canon Dialogue
For more information, please contact Pamela Boisvert, Secretary of Synod, 416- 363-6021 ext. 231 (1-800-668-8932).