Episcopal areas hold workshops every spring for all parish leaders, especially those new to their positions. Invitations are extended to churchwardens, deputy churchwardens, parish admins, treasurers, administrative staff and clergy.
Who should attend?
All parish leaders (churchwardens, deputy churchwardens, parish administrators, treasurers, administrative staff, clergy) especially those new to their positions.
These two-hour workshops aim to meet these objectives:
- review parish governance in key areas of knowledge
- increase your understanding and overall comfort level to support you in your position
- allow you to meet key diocesan staff virtually
- in small groups, analyze a case study and provide input
- learn when and how you can access resources available to you
- answer any questions you might have
Participants should print copies of whatever reference documents they want to have on hand. Presenters will display the presentation on the screen.
- Human Resources presentation
- Human Resources Manual for Parishes
- Human Resources resource page
- LegalConnex: an included benefit for Ecclesiastical policyholders
- HRAssist: a value-added, included benefit for Ecclesiastical policyholders
- Professional Assist: helping policyholders manage a healthy work environment
All churchwardens need to have a completed, signed acknowledgement form on file. You need to initial beside statements acknowledging that you’ve received basic orientation in parish finance, real property management, human resources and the Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith Policy. You complete this orientation by attending an online or in-person workshop or by reviewing the materials posted on the diocesan website.