When clergy first join the Diocese of Toronto, there are a number of forms to fill out, information to review and training to complete. Your bishop and the Payroll Office can help you with this process.
Here are some of the items you’ll need to take care of:
- Give the Diocesan Centre a void cheque, completed federal and provincial tax forms, your address, phone number and any other relevant contact information as soon as your appointment has been made.
- Complete the proper benefits, pension and C.E.P. enrollment forms to make sure you’re properly enrolled in all diocesan benefits and payroll.
- Read Liturgical Standards and Resources, the Parish Human Resources Manual and the Parish Leaders’ Manual, which are valuable resources of policies and guidelines for clergy in the Diocese.
- Read the diocesan Constitution and Canons, since you’ll be expected to comply with them.
- Attend the next available clergy training session for the Sexual Misconduct Policy, health and safety, and Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith. The Human Resources staff will send you an invitation to these sessions as they’re offered.
- Obtain a police record check using the diocesan-approved process before your appointment starts. See Obtaining Police Record Checks for more information.
The Diocese has a number of staff who can provide expertise in a range of areas. Feel free to contact any of the staff if you have questions!