Facility Rentals

As required by the Anglican Church of Canada Act (Ontario) S.O. (1979), c.46, and Canon 6, all recurring facility rentals by outside-user groups must be reviewed by the Trusts Committee and approved by Diocesan Council. An outside-user group might be defined as any group or individual who conducts activities on church property that would not be included in the parish’s annual report to Vestry about its Ministry & Mission.

Only the diocesan License Agreement and standardized provincial form of Lease Agreement are to be used. Neither document is to be altered in any way.

From January 1 to June 30, 2019, the Trusts Committee & Diocesan Council is piloting a Simplified Canon 6 Procedure for certain low-risk items. Please see the Summary Chart for detailed approval processes and insurance requirements. Please click on the below links for specific details:

License Agreements

Lease Agreements

Other Agreements: Examples include Telecommunications Site Agreements, Commercial Leases etc., which require advance approval through the full Canon 6 process.

One-Time Events: The Diocese recommends the use of the Diocesan License Agreement for one-time events even though it’s not required. However, parishes are expected to draft their own written document for these events that outlines the mutual rights and responsibilities of each party. All one-time events must provide proof of insurance to the Churchwardens, consistent with diocesan requirements, before the event. Aon (416-868-4099 or dennis.hinh@aon.ca) must also be advised of the event. If the event includes the serving of alcoholic beverages, the guidelines set out in the Parish Leaders’ Manual must be adhered to.

Insurance: Please refer to the Insurance section of the website for more details.

For additional information, please contact Wendy Pearson, Property Resources Assistant, at 416-363-6021, ext. 280 (1-800-668-8932).