It is essential that the Church be a place where the dignity and worth of each individual is affirmed and where the theological concepts of accountability, redemption, justice, compassion and the good stewardship of resources are lived out. This means that:
- people are valued because they are children of God,
- ministry, both ordained and lay, is a privilege and ministers are accountable,
- expectations are clear and boundaries are honoured,
- all statutes and legislation are complied with,
- the balance between pastoral concern for an employee/minister and the good stewardship of resources is constantly monitored.
The two Churchwardens and the Incumbent are the trustees of the parish and act jointly and in consultation with each other in many human resources matters. On this web site the Human Resources matters of the parish are separated into two sections which are designed for both the Cleric and the Churchwardens use:
- Human Resources for Clergy: are the resources and policies that relate to Clergy as office holders.
- Human Resources for Parishes: are the resources and guidelines that pertain to parish employees and volunteers.
The Human Resources for Parishes section has been developed to help your parish uphold good Human Resources practices and includes:
- Parish Human Resources Manual
- Parish Staff Compensation
- Supervising Staff
- Hiring Staff
- Job Descriptions
- Employee vs. Contractor
- Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Performance Reviews
- Selecting a New Incumbent
- Frequently Asked Questions
The following policies and resources will also assist you:
- Clergy Remuneration
- Health and Safety
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Training
- Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith
For more information, please contact Amy Talbert, Human Resources Coordinator, 416-363-6021 ext. 241 (1-800-668-8932).