Episcopal areas hold workshops every spring for all parish leaders, especially those new to their positions. Invitations are extended to churchwardens, deputy churchwardens, parish admins, treasurers, administrative staff and clergy.
Who should attend?
All parish leaders (churchwardens, deputy churchwardens, parish administrators, treasurers, administrative staff, clergy) especially those new to their positions.
These two-hour workshops aim to meet the following objectives:
- review parish governance in key areas of knowledge,
- increase your understanding and overall comfort level to support you in your position,
- allow you to meet key Diocesan staff virtually,
- in small groups, analyze a case study and provide input,
- learn when and how you can access resources available to you, and
- answer any questions that you might have.
Participants should print copies of whatever reference documents they wish to have on hand. Presenters will display the presentation on the screen.
- Governance Presentation
- Parish Leaders’ Manual
- The Constitution and Canons of the Diocese
- Diocesan Centre Staff Directory
- Diocesan Staff Organizational Chart
- Diocesan Centre Organizational Chart
Real Property Management & Insurance
- Property & Insurance Presentation
- Parish Property Management Guide
- Property Resource Page
- Canon 6 Flowchart
- Canon 6 Revised Approvals Procedure:
- Insurance Contact List
- Human Resources Presentation
- Human Resources Manual for Parishes
- Human Resources Resource Page
- LegalConnex: An included benefit for Ecclesiastical policyholders
- HRAssist: A value-added, included benefit for Ecclesiastical policyholders
- Professional Assist: Helping policyholders manage a healthy work environment
All Churchwardens must have a completed, signed acknowledgement form on file. Churchwardens will initial beside statements acknowledging that they have received basic parish governance orientation in parish finance, real property management, human resources, and Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith Policy. Orientation is completed by attending an online or in-person workshop or by reviewing the materials posted on the Diocesan website.
Return your Acknowledgement Form to:
York-Credit Valley: Arleane Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org
York- Scarborough: Sue Willoughby at email@example.com
Trent-Durham: The Trent Durham Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
York-Simcoe: Jennipher Kean at email@example.com