It is essential that the Church be a place where the dignity and worth of each individual is affirmed and where the theological concepts of accountability, redemption, justice, compassion and the good stewardship of resources are lived out. The two churchwardens and the incumbent are the trustees of the parish and act jointly and in consultation with each other in many Human Resources matters.
On this website, the Human Resources matters of the parish are separated into two sections, which are designed for both cleric and churchwarden use:
- Human Resources for Clergy: the resources and policies that relate to clergy as office holders.
- Human Resources for Parishes: the resources and guidelines that pertain to parish employees and volunteers.
The Human Resources for Clergy section specifically addresses:
- Liturgical Standards and Resources
- Parish Human Resources Manual
- Selecting a New Incumbent
- Vacancies & Calls
- New to the Diocese
- Fresh Start
- Remuneration and Benefits
- Part-Time Clergy
- Professional Development (Continuing Education)
- Retreat Centres
- Leaves of Absence
- Retirement Planning
- Information For Retirees
The following policies and resources will also assist you:
- Health and Safety
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Training
- Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith
- “Leaving your Current Appointment” information and resources for clergy transition.
If more information, please contact Amy Talbert, Human Resources Manager, 416-363-6021 ext. 241 (1-800-668-8932).