This is a list of retreat centres available to individuals and groups. Some offer retreats for one day, while others offer 40-day retreats. You can contact the centres directly for more information. This list isn’t exhaustive, but it will give you a place to start.
Anglican retreat centres
- Holy Cross Priory: a small guest house near High Park in Toronto, available for individuals, up to two people
- St. Andrew Anglican Retreat House: a guest house for both individual and group retreats
- The Sisterhood of St. John the Divine: offers a sacred space, gentle hospitality, comfortable accommodation, retreats and spiritual direction
- The Society of St. John the Evangelist: a monastic community of The Episcopal Church, located in Cambridge, Mass.
Other retreat centres in Ontario
- Crieff Hills Retreat and Conference Centre: an eco-friendly place for spiritual renewal and leadership development, located in Puslinch, Ont.
- Eramosa Eden Retreat Centre: a place for reflection and for the nurturing of people of all faiths and backgrounds, located in Rockwood, Ont.
- Five Oaks: a learning and retreat centre that nurtures renewal and transformation in a sacred natural setting in Paris, Ont.
- Kingfisher Bay Retreat: a place to experience rest, renewal and encouragement for life’s journey, located in Lakefield, Ont.
- Lorettamaryholme: a place to encourage individuals and groups to explore and restore the energies needed for their personal and communal transformation, located in Roches Point, Ont.
- Loyola House: specializes in giving Ignatian Spirituality-based retreats and training programs for spiritual directors, located in Guelph
- Manresa Jesuit Spiritual Renewal Centre: retreats about deepening one’s relationship with God, located in Pickering
- Mount Carmel: an ecumenical retreat and conference centre in Niagara Falls, Ont.
- Mount Mary: a centre for spiritual renewal, embracing Eastern and Western Catholic traditions while welcoming all denominations, located in Ancaster, Ont.
- Providence Spirituality Centre: a warm, inviting, peace-filled retreat house on the grounds of the Motherhouse of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul in Kingston.
- Queen of Apostles: a retreat and renewal centre under the direction of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, located in Mississauga
- Villa St. Joseph Retreat Centre: a quiet, relaxing environment in which to rest, reflect and be renewed in body and spirit, located in Cobourg