Reaching beyond the walls of our parish to create Christ-centred communities
Do you have ideas for local ministry that will reach people who are not currently being reached by traditional forms of church? Then you are invited to apply for a Reach Grant, a one-time grant of $500-$5,000 that will help you get started.
Specific consideration will be given to ministry initiatives that intend to reach out to and connect effectively with the un-churched or the de-churched. These ministry initiatives will usually begin by building relationships with people, and have within them the intentionality to move into mission. The hope is that such mission would eventually result in the building of Christ-centred community reaching people where they are.
Applicants are asked to articulate in no more than two pages (further pages will not be read) the following criteria:
- Describe the ministry you would like to build with support from a Reach Grant.
- Whom do you propose to serve and why?
- What kinds of ministry will you be offering?
- What resources will be required and how much will it cost? (You may include a one page budget as an appendix.)
- Describe the stages through which your ministry will evolve.
- Where do you wish the ministry to be in six months, one year, two years ?
- How do you plan to plant the seeds of Christ-centered community in your ministry?
- How will you know whether your ministry is successful?
- To whom is your ministry accountable?
- Reach Grants may not be used to pay for salaries or to defray capital costs.
- You must be in compliance with all Diocesan policies including Screening in Faith and submission of parochial returns.
Applications may be submitted to email@example.com at any time. The next deadline for submissions is Friday, March 22, 2019. Pitch Day will be held on Thursday, April 4th, 2019. Contact Elizabeth McCaffrey, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, at 416-363-6021 extension 226 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.