To help parishes implement the Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith program, this topic is covered annually at the Parish Leaders’ Workshops. Occasionally, the Diocese also offers introductory workshops. The workshop covers:
- why the screening program is important
- each parish’s responsibilities
- the 10 screening steps
- how to get started with screening implementation
- resources available to you
To hold a workshop in your parish, download the Screening Workshop Presentation PowerPoint.
Note: for the full information, go to the View menu and select Notes Page; for the presentation alone, select Slide Show.
Sexual Misconduct Policy training
Sexual Misconduct Policy training is a key component of Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith. It’s required for all medium- and high-risk positions.
A Sexual Misconduct Policy workshop should be conducted in every parish once a year for those who are new to a ministry role, and repeated every three years for all parish leadership. Each parish is responsible for holding its own training workshop. To help your parish with the training, you can consult the following resources:
- Parish Workshop (Red) Kit
- Sexual Misconduct in our Churches: Learn to Spot it, Learn to Stop It training video available from the Anglican Church of Canada’s Vimeo channel
- Sexual Misconduct Policy Training Case Studies training video (new in 2013) available on the diocesan YouTube channel
- Case Studies Discussion Guide (new in 2013)
- Sample PowerPoint presentation
Help & resources
For the full list of resources available to help you implement the Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith program, see Forms and Resources.